In terms of making an offer, it is always good to formally discuss the following with the prospective helper:
1. What is the agreed salary?
2. What is the off day arrangement? Are all public holidays off? (75% of our customers would consider them days off)
3. If there is a food allowance:
- If yes: usually $40/50 a week and the helper will exclusively buy her own food;
- If not: the helper would be able to access your fridge/pantry and add some items for herself when she buys groceries.
Additional points to consider when making an offer:
- Discuss home leave duration and recurrence (whether paid or unpaid;
- Discuss curfew if any;
- Discuss mobile phone policy if any;
- Estimated start date: make sure your timelines are aligned;
- Review of a sample schedule for your helper. This weekly schedule should provide an understanding of what happens on each day of the week.