What sort of room and living accommodation should I provide my helper with?

Helpers must have adequate space and privacy.

Employers are responsible for the health and well-being of their helper and must ensure that she has adequate space and privacy. When possible, you should provide your helper with a separate room. 

Under MOM regulations, if you install video recording devices at home, you must inform your helper of the devices and where they are placed. You must not install them in areas that will compromise her privacy or modesty, e.g. where she sleeps, change clothes, or the bathroom area.

You can find out more information on MOM regulations here under ‘Accommodation’. 

Powered by