My future helper holds a Special Pass, can I still hire her?

We must assess her situation before giving a definitive answer.

There are two different types of Special Pass that a helper might have, depending on the situation. 

  • Special Pass following the cancellation of her work permit

This Special Pass allows the helper to stay legally in Singapore for up to 14 days before she must leave the country. During this period of time, no transfer process can take place as her work permit is already cancelled.

If you want to hire her, we can only apply for her work permit once she is outside the country. In such cases, the helper would usually exit to Malaysia during the paperwork processing. The fees for hiring from abroad will apply, you can see our pricing here

  • Special Pass while the helper is assisting a MOM investigation

Helpers who are assisting MOM with investigations into employment-related offences are issued a Special Passes which allows them to legally stay in Singapore; they are required to remain in Singapore until the case is concluded.

On a case-by-case basis, we will still be able to handle the hiring process under specific schemes if she has already been declared ‘not guilty’ or is considered the victim of a crime or an offense. 

In either of these situations, please contact us at for further assessment and we will be happy to assist.

Powered by